Thursday, February 09, 2006

Up and Running Soon...

Well. I guess I'm doing this too. Welcome to the Maize n Brew. A little blog about the random ravings of a Michigan grad living happily in the Second City. As time goes on you'll learn that there are only a few subjects that'll be discussed. First and foremost, Michigan Football and Beer. The two seem to be interlinked and take up way too of my free time. Other subjects will include Michigan Hockey, a little Michigan Basketball (but only around tourney time), and the Chicago Cubs and Blackhawks. The wife's a Notre Dame grad, so occasionally I'll ramble on about going to ND games, drinking heavily and making fun of the people I see there. You'll find I don't post with the regularity of my far more distinguished counterparts and that my insight is far less indepth. But, at a minimum, at least it'll make you laugh.

More soon. Thanks for dropping in...

Dave

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Ben said...

We have a lot in common, my friend.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Maize n Brew Dave said...

A little bit of a "joe everyman." I think 1 in 3 Michigan grads either lives in Chicago or has married a Domer. The beer thing, that just goes without saying. I just happen to represent all three. Thanks for being my first reader.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Ben said...

Haha. No problem. You've been added to an already too-long list of daily UM blog reads.

But I hardly think our similarities are Joe Everyman. The UM/Chicago thing may be... but it's rare to find a Domer chick to tolerate a Michigan Man -- and even less likely to find the converse.

To say nothing of that whole problem of there not being any hot ND chicks in the first place. But I digress...

Keep up the good work. Good luck with the blog.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Maize n Brew Dave said...

Buddies of mine who graduated from ND just shake their head and sigh everytime I ask about hot ND girls. I ask about this all the time to piss them off. However, there are a handful of head turners there, and oddly enough, almost all of them married Michigan grads. It's like a sickness. My ND buddies get even madder when I remind them of this.

Marriage does go on the rocks for a week during UM/ND. Not a lot of talking during that time. They brainwash their students better than Mao ever could've dreamed of. But, the result is good football knowledge. So its kind of a push...

In the process of putting together a post on my trip to the BC/UVM game in boston. Should be up soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home