Blog Poll Ballot Week 5!
At some point I will have mastered this new job system and be able to dedicate more time to my beloved blogging responsibilities, and you, the readers. Until then, I will do my best to keep things up to their normal standards of quality. But I ain't promising anything.
Regardless of my time and energy constrainst there is a ballot to get to, so here goes:
Dropped Out: Boston College (#15), UCLA (#17), Arizona State (#18), Michigan State (#20), Alabama (#22), Penn State (#25).
1. As you can see, not a lot of movement at the top. That is to say there was none. I was temped to drop OSU a peg or two following two lackluster showings, but then reality hit. No one has shown me they're a more complete team at this point. Still, they're hanging on by virtue of their win over Texas. If Texas drops saturday's game to OU, I may be forced to rethink.
2. I put a minor hammer down on Georgia and Notre Dame. Before I do let me say this. MSU should have beaten Michigan in 2004. If not for some colossal screw-ups on MSU's part, Michign loses. With that said, Norte Dame and Georgia, but for the grace of God, lost both of those games. ND more than Georgia, but the size differential between the two dumps both teams left on the field is minimal. I wanted to drop them more, but a win is a win is a win. And, honestly, looking at the teams under them, there's no way head to head they'd beat them. Whether Cal would beat ND is the one I'm not sure of, so Cal stays below.
3. Tennessee jumps back in because they won they're a pretty good team.
4. Missouri and Rutgers are both undefeated so they get a nod.
5. Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that Purdue is undefeated? Quietest 4-0 team in the country. They're balanced on offense, they've got a
6. More Big Ten love. Wisconsin impressed me. They are one-dimensional on offense but their defense is goooooooooood. They're better than a couple of the teams I have ahead of them, but I'm not sure they're offense would show up.
7. Washington is Back Biatch! Well. Maybe not. But Ty Willingham is pulling Washington out of the cellar in a hurry. Ty was the wrong fit for a number of reasons at ND: 1) He had no contacts for midwest recruiting [they were all out west]; 2) He was too laid back for the the psychotic fan bases of the mid west; 3) The alumni base will never let up on a coach up for a second at ND. None of those things are problems at UW. Ty's connections are providing decent recruiting classes. He's competing in a watered down Pac 10. He's got all the time in the world to build a winner at UW as opposed to crafting a supposed National Champion from duct tape, poo, scissors, and what ever other crap Davie and Ten-Second-O'Leary left him at ND. And finally, his laid back calm demeanor fits well in birkenstock and causal friday Sea-Town. Kudos to him.
8. Oh its on this weekend. Texas-Oklahoma. Somebody moves up, somebody moves out. Bad blood rocks.
9. No Soup For You! Boston College, UCLA, Arizona State, Michigan State, Alabama, and Penn State all drop out of the rankings. Please collect your personal items and the security guards will escort you to the door. Remember. We're watching you on your way out.
Alrighty folks. There are the rankings. Let me know what you think.
P.S. The Blog Poll round up will be up tomorrow! Hilarity will ensue.