Thursday, November 30, 2006

Posting to Resume Monday


I feel like death.

The new Blog Poll is up at Rocky Top Talk. Fun stuff. A first ever Blog Poll Best of The Blogosphere Award thingamabob. If you've got suggestions for awards or nominations, let me know in the comments and I'll post 'em in my Blog Poll Response on Monday.

Um, Michigan lost to North Carolina State. Courtney Sims played 19 minutes, but only had two fouls. Explain this to me: 7 points, 8 rebounds, 3-7 shooting (ugh), but only two turnovers in 19 minutes and he's on the bench? With no inside presence Dion Harris built himself a house behind the three point line going 4-14 from 3. For the record he went 4-6 inside the arc. What's wrong with this picture. For the record, Harris and Petway seem to be the only ones with any heart this year.

Fix this Tommy. Now.

4 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Kenny said...

I wouldn't be complaining if we lost to North Carolina, but we lost to North Carolina State so I'm very disappointed, worried, whatever else you want to say about this season.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was NC State, you're giving u too much credit. Tommy was the goat in this game. The Wolfpack had 5 scholarship players oon their team once their best player got injured....AND WE ONLY GET TO THE LINE FIVE TIMES ALL GAME?!?!? That is simply a lack of coaching.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Maize n Brew Dave said...

Again. I feel like shit. Sorry about the obvious miss on the tag line.

I'm trying to finish up my belated preview, but it'll depend on how functional I am by the end of the week....

I need a proof reader.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Matt K said...

You know what bothered me the most about the NCST game? Freaking Jarret Smith. He played for long stretches and got burnt to a crispy toast-like substance. He KILLED us. He couldn't do anything, couldn't defend his guy cutting into the lane for easy layups. He should have been yanked after about 40 seconds on the floor. He's atrocious. Also, maybe I saw this wrong, but it seemed like while Smith was on the floor, Abram was not. I hope I've got this wrong, but it's completely inexcusable. Completely.

How do we fix this?

HINT: It's taught at basic levels. To play defense, you stay between your man and the ball, while trying to take away his dominant side. I LEARNED THIS IN FOURTH GRADE! WHY DON'T WE DO THIS!?!??! My head hurts.

Also, why do we go into a zone when they start shooting the lights out? Our response to them catching fire was to pack the lane and play a 2-3 zone? WHAT!?!?!?!!?!??! Want to know what else I learned in 4th grade? To break a zone, you can do 2 things. Penetrate from the wing and pass to toward the free-throw line. Or shoot from the outside. Good lord.

For somebody who was a former defensive player of the year, his players sure don't play D. Like at all, ever. Except for Petway and Udoh. I like them both.

Michigan makes me hate college basketball. And it's like one of my favorite sports. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home